Do you have a razor-sharp eye for detail? Are numbers your best friend? If so, we want to talk to you about an accounting position at Soomo.
As Accounting Assistant, you will be responsible for helping the Director of Accounting and Administration maintain the company’s financial records.
This is an on-site position.
- Entering bills into the accounting system (currently QuickBooks)
- Posting credit card receipts
- Processing and verifying accuracy of payroll
- Filling sales orders and generating invoices
- Tracking and reporting fixed assets
- Performing other accounting functions as needed
- Performing human resources functions as needed
This is a full-time position in a small, collegial company. Because we are nimble and constantly innovating, our daily work varies. The one thing that doesn’t change is our commitment to radically improving the college course experience for hundreds of thousands of students each year.
The following skills and attributes are required for this position:
- Associate degree in accounting or related field
- 3+ years in an accounting role
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong technical skills using tools such as QuickBooks, Excel, Google Docs, and Slack
- A willingness to learn new technologies and incorporate new skills and knowledge into daily work
- Highly organized and self-motivated with exceptional initiative and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Human resources experience is a plus
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience ($24–$30 per hour)
- 15 days of paid time off per year plus 11 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% match
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since the beginning of 2020. We have safety protocols in place for those who work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please click “Apply Now” to submit your résumé and a cover letter explaining why you think Soomo would be a good fit for you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.