Curriculum and Assessment Writer
Asheville, NC | Remote eligible
Are you a question-writing pro with a knack for crafting just the right stems, distractors, and answer explanations to confirm, enliven, and enrich learning? If so, we want to talk to you about developing assessment content for Soomo Learning.
As Curriculum and Assessment Writer, you will develop a wide variety of multiple-choice items, poll questions, writing prompts, and other formative and summative assessment content for our online courses. In cooperation with our subject matter experts, editors, and production specialists, the Curriculum and Assessment Writer will help ensure that our courses meet our high standards of excellence for instructors and adult learners in a variety of higher ed settings.
- Write clear, well-designed multiple-choice items, writing prompts, poll questions, and other formative and summative assessment content
- Rigorously align assessment content with learning design and instructional goals
- With the Lead Learning Designer, evaluate and analyze activity data to iteratively improve assessment content and design
- With the Lead Learning Designer, use backward design to scaffold outcomes to formative assessments and other measures that provide evidence for comprehension
- Work with editorial leadership and teammates to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results
- Strengthen our products, processes, and outcomes by furthering your knowledge of disciplines and trends core to our team’s growth
- 5+ years of relevant experience (educational publishing strongly preferred)
- Advanced degree in education, curriculum, or related field strongly preferred
- Ability to successfully manage and optimize projects and processes
- Willingness to continually test assumptions and apply research in innovative ways
- Strong technical skills using development and communication tools such as Word, Google Docs, and Slack
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with exceptional initiative and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with undergraduate curriculum strongly preferred
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Three weeks of paid time off per year plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% match
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since the beginning of 2020. We have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please click “Apply Now” to submit your application through our recruiting partner, Teamed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.