Director of Customer Success
Are you passionate about implementing best practices to improve learning outcomes? Does the opportunity to empower others in successfully supporting students and educators energize you? Are you a tireless customer advocate? If so, we want to talk to you about leading the Customer Success team at Soomo Learning.
The Customer Success team at Soomo provides onboarding, implementation, support, and account management for the institutions, instructors, and students who use our courseware. We strive to make onboarding and implementation as smooth as possible for each customer while also upholding best practices and offering support to help them meet their goals for learning outcomes.
The Director ensures that the instructor support and student support teams work together to outfit educators and their students with the best learning experience possible. In addition, the Director tenaciously represents the voice of the customer to other departments within Soomo in order to keep the organization aligned with the goals of maintaining customer satisfaction, improving client retention, and increasing student success.
- Develop and monitor processes and procedures for implementing and supporting Soomo’s courseware
- Ensure effective communication with students and instructors via messaging, email, and phone
- Oversee reporting of student activity data to make recommendations and guide educators in assessing course outcomes
- Manage all user onboarding and direct the development and maintenance of Soomo’s knowledge base regarding customer support
- Use support analytics and survey responses to make iterative improvements to processes and provide internal feedback
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
This is a senior-level, full-time position in a small, collegial company. Because we are still nimble and constantly innovating, our daily work varies as we learn more every term about how to better support students. The one thing that doesn’t change is our commitment to radically improving the college course experience for tens of thousands of students each year.
The following skills and attributes are highly desired:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in educational technology support, customer success, and/or account management
- 2+ years’ experience leading or managing an implementation or support team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to make complex situations easy to understand through clear, concise writing
- Proficiency with analyzing data
- Enthusiasm for reviewing student activity analytics to evaluate individual and course outcomes
- Ability to leverage successful implementations as case studies and models for deploying best practices to serve our customers
- Natural curiosity, willingness to solve problems, and eagerness to work with faculty who may be new to active learning courseware and analytics-driven intervention
Because we create and support online applications, we use numerous web-based tools in our internal processes, and so a certain degree of familiarity with modern digital technology is assumed.
Bonus points if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to work with educators to develop implementation case studies and models for deploying best practices in education
- Experience designing customer-facing materials such as flyers, slide decks, and screencasts
- Tutoring or teaching experience with adult learners (working as a TA, adjunct instructor, advisor, coach, etc.)
- Insight into where students struggle in intro-level courses, why they struggle, and how to help
- Familiarity with Process Street, Jira, and/or Intercom
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Three weeks of paid time off per year, plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% match
- Work-from-home options (fully remote until at least January)
- Fantastic office space with mountain/city views, easy parking, and great snacks
- Relocation assistance if needed
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since early March. All employees, including new hires, are encouraged to work from home until at least January, and we have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a good match for your skills and interests, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think Soomo would be a good fit for you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most certainly an equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, candidates for all roles are considered without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.