Director of Learning Design
Are you a leader in learning design? Are you passionate about improving student outcomes and uncovering learning-design best practices? Does the opportunity to empower others to create remarkable, effective courses energize you? If so, we want to talk to you about leading the design and development of learning resources at Soomo Learning.
The Director of Learning Design will oversee the development of all digital texts to ensure they meet the highest standards and continue to advance best practices in learning design and client customer service. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing and leading a growing team of learning designers, content editors, and subject matter experts. This includes supporting the team in critically and creatively applying best practices as they develop, build, evaluate, and improve their webtexts. In addition, you will implement processes and coach team members to provide exemplary client customer service. The Director will successfully partner and guide client schools toward embracing well-founded design practices. There is also the opportunity to lead ongoing efforts to conduct, apply, and share original research. The Director of Learning Design is an integral position within the organization and is ultimately responsible for the management of effective people, processes, and practices.
- 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Leadership and client management experience highly preferred
- Track record of successful application of learning methodologies, instructional practices, and design thinking in developing online learning
- Strong core skills in outcome creation, alignment, and formative assessment
- Ability to effectively lead, teach, and coach others
- Ability to successfully manage and optimize projects and processes
- Willingness to continually test assumptions and apply research in innovative ways
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree required in relevant field such as learning design, learning science, or cognitive psychology; PhD preferred.
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Three weeks of paid time off per year
- Ten paid holidays
- 100% employer paid health, vision, LTD, and STD insurance. Dental insurance available.
- 401K plan
- Relocation assistance
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think Soomo would be a good fit for you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.