Human Resources Manager
Asheville, NC - Remote eligible
Do you enjoy matching people with positions? Are you good at making sure everyone is included in a conversation? Are you someone who sprinkles tidbits of employment law into party talk? Do you like helping people reach their potential? If so, we want to talk to you about joining Soomo’s growing team!
Soomo Learning is growing, and we are seeking an experienced professional to lead our Human Resources department. The HR Manager will coordinate with our leadership team to recruit and retain exceptional talent, implement employee growth and development plans that support the long-term goals of the organization, maintain and expand knowledge of existing and proposed federal and state regulations affecting HR management, and foster an inclusive organizational culture that supports employee engagement and satisfaction.
The Human Resources Manager will be an integral member of the management team, responsible for managing the care of a growing group of creative individuals and nurturing a positive, inclusive working environment. To ensure the best possible employee experience throughout the organization, the HR Manager will:
- Lead talent recruitment efforts, including
- collaborating with department heads to assess staffing needs,
- posting job openings and vetting candidate resumes,
- conducting screening interviews, background checks, and job offers,
- analyzing compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs, and
- facilitating a robust onboarding program
- Administer compensation, benefits, vacation, and leave programs
- Recommend and document best practices and policies for the organization and facilitate regular trainings to ensure awareness
- Review compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Oversee the performance review program
- Conduct exit interviews and perform all employee separation tasks
- Perform office-manager functions and provide backup for payroll processing
This is a mid-level, full-time position in a small, collegial company. Because we are nimble and constantly innovating, our daily work varies. The one thing that doesn’t change is our commitment to radically improving the college course experience for hundreds of thousands of students each year.
The following skills and attributes are highly desired:
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- At least 5 years of HR experience
- Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations with experience in a multi-state employment environment
- Demonstrated success with implementation of best practices of human resource management, talent recruitment, employee development, and training program design and presentation
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to use organizational strategies effectively to manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven experience exercising sound judgment and making decisions in a fair and consistent manner
- A willingness to ask questions
Bonus points if you have:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential
- Familiarity with ADP Payroll software
- Experience using Apple products
- Working understanding of Slack, Jira/Confluence, MS Word, MS Excel, Google Docs, and other common business applications
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Three weeks of paid time off per year plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% match
- Work from home one day a week (but fully remote until at least June 2021)
- Fantastic office space with mountain/city views, easy parking, and great snacks
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since the beginning of 2020. All employees, including new hires, are encouraged to work from home until at least June 2021, and we have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think Soomo would be a good fit for you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.