Inside Sales Manager
Asheville, NC | Remote eligible
Are you passionate about education, developing and coaching people, and achieving excellence? Do you feel strongly that learning should be accessible to all students? If so, we’d love to meet you.
The inside sales manager is responsible for leading a small but growing team that drives new sales of existing titles and seeds the market for upcoming title releases. This is a high-growth opportunity partnering with a successful educational publisher to enter new markets.
In this position, you will be responsible for casting and implementing a vision for this new department while directing team priorities to create effective and innovative sales solutions that address issues and challenges facing institutions, instructors, and students.
The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable track record of success both as a leader and as an individual contributor. A strong interest in digital media and applications to learning is a must.
Day-to-day activities will be conducted primarily from your home office, with limited travel as required for rep training and development as well as quarterly internal meetings.
- Attract, recruit, and hire top talent
- Develop a vision for the growth and structure of your team
- Train and manage a small but growing team of inside sales reps
- Ensure the success of your team by setting goals, holding team members accountable for them, and rewarding and celebrating success
- Resolve customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations
Territory Planning and Management
- Develop general product knowledge with an emphasis on pedagogical goals as implemented throughout Soomo Gen Ed webtexts
- Develop, communicate, and track territory plans and daily expectations for your team
- Utilize metrics and data to drive sales strategy and activity
- Align sales targets for your team members to reach company sales goals
- Set budgets for team travel and expenses
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstration of academic excellence
- 2+ years of successful sales experience and 2+ years of sales management experience
- Passion for developing top talent
- Commitment to excellence
- Experience with learning technologies or curiosity about the development of traditional and technology-based intellectual property
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Growth mindset—willingness to ask questions and accept feedback
- High level of comfort using technology to perform job tasks and product demonstrations
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive starting base salary commensurate with experience
- Aggressive bonus structure (with no cap on bonus) based on performance
- Three weeks of paid time off per year plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% company match
- The opportunity to develop your career with a growing, forward-thinking, educational publisher and be a partner in setting the vision for sales growth
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since the beginning of 2020. We have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think Soomo would be a good fit for you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.