Inside Sales Representative
Asheville, NC | Remote eligible
2 positions available (servicing SE and West Coast territories)
Are you passionate about education and interested in making learning accessible to all students? Do you have an appetite for achievement? If so, we want to talk to you about joining Soomo’s growing team!
The inside sales representative is responsible for driving sales of existing titles, nurturing and growing existing accounts, and seeding the market for upcoming title releases. This position will involve creating customized and innovative sales solutions to address issues and challenges facing institutions, instructors, and students with the goal of enabling every student to learn and succeed.
The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals. Passion for education and interest in digital media and its applications to learning are critical in this role.
Sales activities will be conducted primarily from your home office, with very limited travel as required to close sales and/or attend internal meetings or relevant conferences.
Measures of Success
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals
- Manage and grow a geographically based territory (CA/FL) comprised of 2- and 4-year colleges and universities
- Meet or exceed expectations in other quantitative measures (e.g., number of contacts)
- Prospect, qualify, and close sales by phone and email contact, webinars, and virtual product demonstrations
- Design and implement adoption strategies for large sales opportunities
- Employ effective selling techniques, including productive questioning strategies that lead to closed business
- Exhibit strong presentational skills
Territory Management and Execution
- Develop and maintain expert discipline and product knowledge around Soomo offerings, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment
- Maintain and utilize sales management and contact relationship management (CRM) systems such as HubSpot and Intercom to drive effective planning, forecasting, and communication
- Develop and maintain a territory plan in coordination with your sales director
- Develop and follow through on daily plans to optimize sales potential within each discipline
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities
- Gather specific market and opportunity intelligence to create a territory plan
- Identify key decision makers and establish relationships in advance of selling
- Identify trends and criteria in Soomo target markets to aid in product development
- Create product awareness in Soomo target markets using promotional materials to support marketing messaging through email and social media
Communication and Teamwork
- Demonstrate teamwork through sharing of best practices and working with cross-functional teams
- Coordinate with customer success team to transition customers from sales to instructor support
- Identify and communicate market report trends to sales management and editorial teams
- Maintain positive relationships with faculty members
- Work with bookstores in productive ways that serve students’ best interests
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstration of academic excellence
- 2+ years of successful sales or customer interaction experience
- Competitive drive and desire to excel
- Deep enthusiasm for the process of investigating, creating, and fulfilling customers’ needs
- Experience with learning technologies or curiosity about the development of traditional and technology-based intellectual property
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Growth mindset—willingness to ask questions and accept feedback
- Presence and self-confidence in interacting with others
- High level of comfort using technology to perform job tasks and product demonstrations
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
Bonus: West Coast location and/ or ability to work Pacific Time hours for one position
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive starting base salary commensurate with experience
- Aggressive bonus structure (with no cap on bonus) based on performance
- Three weeks of paid time off per year plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% company match
- The opportunity to develop your career with a growing, forward-thinking, educational publisher, with opportunities for advancement into sales management or marketing management
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since the beginning of 2020. We have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think Soomo would be a good fit for you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.