Lead Learning Designer
Asheville, NC | Remote eligible
Are you a leader in learning design? Are you passionate about improving student outcomes and uncovering best practices in instruction and learning? Are you energized by the idea of creating remarkable, effective digital courses and learning experiences? If so, we want to talk to you about spearheading learning design at Soomo.
As Lead Learning Designer, you will oversee the learning design, strategy, and student experience of our online courses. In cooperation with our leadership team, subject matter experts, and production specialists, the Lead Learning Designer will ensure that our courses meet our high standards of excellence for instructors and adult learners in a variety of higher ed settings.
- Develop course blueprints to map learning experiences, using backward design to scaffold outcomes to formative assessments and other measures that provide evidence for those outcomes
- Conduct thorough course analyses, including evaluation of course goals and student needs, with an ability to demonstrate how and why learning designs succeed
- Generate learning strategy solutions, compare potential approaches, and determine prototyping strategies
- Supervise and mentor teammates (potentially with management responsibilities) in critically and creatively applying best learning design practices in their own work
- Successfully partner with client schools and guide them toward embracing well-founded design practices
- Work with editorial leadership and teammates to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results
- Strengthen our products, processes, and outcomes by furthering your knowledge of disciplines and trends core to our team’s growth
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in cognitive psychology, learning/curriculum design, or related discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge in the application of learning methodologies, instructional practices, and online learning design
- Track record of successful application of learning design and instructional practices in developing online learning
- Ability to successfully manage and optimize projects and processes
- Willingness to continually test assumptions and apply research in innovative ways
- Strong technical skills using development and communication tools such as Word, Google Docs, and Slack
- Willingness to learn new technologies and incorporate new skills and knowledge into daily work
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with exceptional initiative and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with undergraduate curriculum strongly preferred
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Three weeks of paid time off per year plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% match
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since the beginning of 2020. We have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please click “Apply Now” to submit your application through our recruiting partner, Teamed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.