Asheville, NC - Short-term remote eligible
Are you passionate about uncovering market needs and crafting a message to appeal to that market? Do you always feel that something could be written better, shorter, or snappier? Do you want to make sure your colleague’s projects get the visibility they deserve? If so, we want to talk to you about joining the sales and marketing team at Soomo!
Soomo Learning is seeking a creative professional to assist in the execution of a marketing plan for its learning products and services. The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for working with the Director of Sales to create and execute marketing assets and communications that will enable the company to excel in the market.
- Market research: You will be responsible for researching competitors' offerings, uncovering market needs, and identifying the best customer profile with whom to promote Soomo Learning.
- Marketing planning: You will work with the Director of Sales to create individual campaigns based on Soomo’s products and services.
- Website maintenance: You will coordinate with the editors and Director of Sales to ensure that new titles and updates are reflected on our website.
- Conference planning: You will assist in developing the collateral needed to participate in various virtual (and someday in person!) conferences.
- Sales enablement: You will work with the sales team to understand their needs and develop materials on product and service offerings
This is an entry-level, full-time position in a small, collegial company. Because we are nimble and constantly innovating, our daily work varies, and we are learning more every term about how to better support students and faculty. The one thing that doesn’t change is our commitment to radically improving the college course experience for tens of thousands of students each year.
The following skills and attributes are highly desired:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- A developing understanding of digital marketing technologies and channels
- Strong initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- An eagerness to learn new technologies and incorporate new skills and knowledge into daily work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to ask questions
- Bonus points for familiarity with HTML or other markup languages
Desired candidate characteristics:
- Likes a culture of experimentation
Because we create and support web applications, we use numerous apps in our workplace, and a certain amount of familiarity with modern web technology is assumed.
- Once safely possible, work in the Asheville, NC office
- Some travel
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience ($20–$30 per hour)
- Three weeks of paid time off per year plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% match
- Fantastic office space with mountain/city views, easy parking, and great snacks
- Work from home one day a week*
* Remote until office is fully reopened.
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since early March. All employees, including new hires, are encouraged to work from home until at least January, and we have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to Apply
If you feel this opportunity is a good match for your skills and interests, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think Soomo would be a good fit for you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most certainly an equal opportunity employer, and we are actively seeking applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, candidates for all roles are considered without regard to race, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.