Asheville, NC | Remote eligible
Are you passionate about clarity and cohesion? Do you love tinkering with paragraphs to improve logical flow? Are you excited about the idea of helping people learn—and achieve their goals—with content that’s engaging, accessible, and meaningful to their lives? If so, we want to talk to you about developing outstanding learning resources at Soomo.
As Senior Editor, you will be responsible for the quality and integrity of our editorial content, including high-level substantive editing, structural editing, and final determination of suitability for publication. In cooperation with our leadership team, subject matter experts, and production specialists, the Senior Editor will ensure that our content meets our high standards of editorial excellence and engagement for instructors and students in a variety of higher ed settings.
The Senior Editor will be an integral member of the editorial team, responsible for:
- Evaluating and editing book-length digital textbooks and supplemental materials on a wide range of subjects
- Effectively organizing and completing assignments that meet our rigorous production deadlines and publishing goals
- Ensuring that our content meets our high standards of instructional quality, audience sensitivity, and reader engagement
- Working with editorial leadership and teammates to initiate ideas and solutions, anticipate and resolve problems, and ensure excellent results
- Strengthening our products, processes, and outcomes by furthering your knowledge of disciplines and trends core to our team’s growth
This is a full-time position in a small, collegial company. Because we are nimble and constantly innovating, our daily work varies. The one thing that doesn’t change is our commitment to radically improving the college course experience for hundreds of thousands of students each year.
The following skills and attributes are required for this position:
- BA/MA in English, education, or related field
- 5+ years as an editor in educational publishing, educational technology, or related industry
- Strong technical skills using development and communication tools such as Word, Google Docs, and Slack
- A willingness to learn new technologies and incorporate new skills and knowledge into daily work
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with exceptional initiative and commitment to excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with undergraduate curriculum strongly preferred
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Three weeks of paid time off per year plus 10 paid holidays
- 100% employer-paid health, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K plan with 4% match
Soomo is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees, and we have been closely monitoring data on the coronavirus pandemic since the beginning of 2020. We have safety protocols in place for those who wish to work in the office.
How to apply
If you feel this opportunity is a great match for your skills and passions, please click “Apply Now” to submit your application through our recruiting partner, Teamed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Soomo Learning is most definitely an equal opportunity employer; we want applicants from diverse backgrounds. Throughout the hiring process, applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.