All of our content incorporates the accessibility standards outlined in our style guide. Our style guide has been shaped by the criteria outlined in the Web Accessibility Initiative as well as Section 508 of the Workforce Investment Act, and enhanced further by feedback from BayFirst Solutions.
These principles are applied during authorship, editing, and quality assurance evaluation, providing us with three different opportunities to catch any inaccessibility issues.
An abbreviated version of our style guide is as follows:
- All typography should be rendered as text so that it can be enlarged, magnified, and available to screen readers.
- Soomo original videos should have closed captions.
- Written transcripts should be provided for all audio and video content.
- "Alt" descriptions should be provided for all non-text items.
- There should be no blinking or flashing in text, gifs, java applets, or anything else.
- Images should not use image maps.
Navigation & System
- There should be no use of frames.
- A browser's accessibility features should not be disabled.
- An operating system's display settings should not be overridden.
- The use of speech should not be required to interact.
- Time should not be factored into auto-graded assessments.
- Time limitations should not be used in assessments.
- Support is provided through both email and phone.
We are committed to making content that is accessible to all students and instructors. If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments regarding our Accessibility Statement, please get in touch with us. We welcome your input.